Thursday, February 11, 2016

Kayaking

Kayaking is a very fun activity in New Zealand. All you need to kayak is a kayak, a paddle, and a body of water. I once kayaked in New Zealand all by myself. My parents wanted to go with me but their bottoms couldn't fit in the boat. My parents pushed the kayak into the water and put me in it. They didn't realize that someone was fishing a few yards down and I had no idea how to steer the kayak. Dad finally noticed the people fishing and jumped into the freezing cold water to push the boat in the other direction. Once he got me far enough away from the fishing people he taught me how to steer and control the kayak. Soon I paddled super far out and my parents looked like dots in the distance. After I paddled back to the beach and we decided to go home we realized that the kayak was old school and that we all had fiberglass stuck in our skin. Fortunately Dad's dad used to work with fiberglass so Dad knew that duck tape would get it out.



Me on the kayak.

Daddy helping me with the kayak.

Me paddling the kayak.

Me playing at the beach.

No comments:

Post a Comment