Thursday, February 11, 2016

Eel feeding


After Riwaka we drove to Hurunui Jacks which is in Hokitika. We were staying at this place called The Nest that was really tiny but offered me legos and a doodle book. Plus they also had this super cool dog named Dennis. Once we settled in Dad and I put on gumboots (which are really handy unless you fall in a lake like me) and went exploring with Dennis. The next day me and my parents got up early and went mountain biking. I rode on the handlebars of Dad's bike. We biked on the bike trail until we were too tired to bike any longer. On the way back Dad biked through a huge river. When we got back from biking John, the owner of the house, said we should feed the eels in the river. John grabbed a cup of cat food (instead of bacon) and we followed him as he walked toward the river. After John moved the cup around in the river a few times 3 short finned eels, one of which was a hundred years old, swam over. They flopped up onto a rock to get their food. Dad and I were wearing gumboots so we stepped into the river to get a better look. We watched the eels until they swam away. We had a great time at Hurunui Jacks.
The little shack we stayed at called The Nest.

We went to Dorothy falls (which I forgot to mention).

We also went to the gorge (which I also forgot to mention).

Me at the bottom of the gorge.


Dennis, my favorite dog in the world!

1 comment: