Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Rob Roy Glacier

I have been excited about going to Wanaka for the whole trip, so when we finally got there I was super pumped. We checked into our hotel and then we walked downtown.Then we bought some chiken cordon blue and had a picnic by the lake. Dad decided we should go swimming in the lake so we put our suits on and hopped in. Once we got cold we got out and walked home ( managing to lost twice).

The next day Mom woke me up early so Dad could drive us to the Rob Roy Glacier. It only took about 45 minutes to get to the glacier but we had to drive on a super bumpy dirt road. When we finally arrived we hiked up this mountain (in the rain) until we got to this lookout peek where we could see a beatiful blue glacier surrounding a bunch of mountains covered in snow. After admiering the glacier we hiked down the mountain. At the end of our hiked we crossed a rope bridge, battling the wind in our faces. Unforchantly my bulldog hat blew off of my head and into the river bellow. I will never forget how I lost my hat at a glacier hike in Wanaka.

Me and Dad on the rope bridge.



Dad with some cows.

Mom's millionth picture of me.


Me and Dad hiking way in front of Mom.


Rob Roy Glacier!


Pretty view!


Another picture of Rob Roy

Fuzzy scarf bandage.
Me and all my glory!

No comments:

Post a Comment