Friday, March 4, 2016

Ice Bar

Today in Queenstown my parents and I were eating some awesome tacos from Taco Medic when we realized that Taco Medic was right next to the Ice Bar. My awesome Dad asked the Ice Bar dude if I was allowed to go in the Ice Bar by myself and he said I was. This nice lady named Rose gave me a parka and gloves because the Ice Bar was -10 degrees Celsius. She opened the door of the Ice Bar and I walked inside. I could hear loud music playing. Rose gave me a glass of mango and pinapple juice in a cup made of ice. Even with gloves my hands were still cold. I sat down on a chair made of ice. There were animal skins on the chair so my bottom didn't freeze. There was a sculpture of two kiwis made out of ice and an air hockey table made out of ice. If you looked more closely you could see pictures carved into the ice chairs. There was an Olaf and Elsa sculpture in the corner of the room. There was a chandelier hanging on the ceiling made out of ice. Everything in the Ice Bar was made out of ice! When I was done with my drink Rose let me smash my ice glass against the wall. It was really cool to be in the Ice Bar!

Me in front of the Ice Bar.


Me in an ice chair.

Olaf ice sculpture.


Ice chandelier above ice mammoth sculpture.


Ice fireplace.


Inside Ice Bar view.
Ice kiwis sculpture and ice air hokey table.

Me when I came out of the Ice Bar (wearing kiwi mittens).

1 comment:

  1. You are soooo LUCKY! I have always wanted to go to an Ice Bar ever since I learned about them! You look very regal sitting on the ice throne! I'm glad there were cushions on the seats!! -Mrs. Mc Alpine

    ReplyDelete