Friday, March 18, 2016

Glenorchy School

After the Ice Bar adventure we drove to Glenorchy, a very small town with a population of about 300 people. There was a small school there and Dad asked the principal if I could go there. She said I could come to school for one day, so the next day we walked to school and my parents dropped me off there. The school was so small that they put the grades k-2 in one class and 3-6 in another. Unlike at my school all of the kids take there shoes off before they walk into class. My teacher's name was Mrs. Unwin. She told the class that I was from California. Then she told the class that they were using Class Dojo for the first time, a program that we use at my school. After explaining Class Dojo we answered questions about the Chicago fire! Then the bell rang for afternoon teatime or recess. We all had to put on sunhats and then we headed for the playground to play lava monster. The playground is like a huge obstacle course with a zipline and swinging monkey bars. After recess we did maths (that's what they call math in NZ) and the bell rang again for lunch. I ate and chatted with my new friend Izzy. Then Mrs. Unwin said it was time to swim. We ran into the swim area and changed into our swim togs (our swimsuits). Some kids had to swim laps but I didn't. Once we finished swimming the bell rang and school was over. I had had a great day at school! 

Me by this Glenorchy barn.

A little hike in Glenorchy with a pretty view!


Me by our house.


Me in front of the Glenorchy school.

RAINBOW!

No comments:

Post a Comment